Monday, March 1, 2010

Something New


I LOVE to shoot families, couples and children in their own environment. Shooting a pregnant belly amongst some of the soon-to-be-born baby items or a wee one with a favourite toy is always a great way to infuse some personality into a photograph. Yet, for a while now I have been considering investing in some studio equipment.

I have to admit some of my favourite shots of my own children are in fact studio shots. I really appreciate the simplicity of a backdrop...and the surprising personality that a studio photo can produce. The happiness, sadness or anger that a typical toddler mood swing can generate stands out with a simple backdrop.

So, I did it. I made the investment. Some experimentation with set-up and lighting and I am ready to offer a new service to Picture Perfect Photography clients!

Check out a few of my first shots....






No comments:

Post a Comment