Monday, September 5, 2011

The UNposable Baby!

Typically when I shoot a newborn session my only goal is to get the baby to sleep...after that it's easy (...well, not easy...but easier). It can take quite a while to achieve the pose I want, but if the baby is asleep it usually can be done. Hudson however was the exception to this rule!

Hudson was very fresh (6 days) when we met, which is a fantastic age for newborn photos and he did sleep for me...but the posing thing, well he had other ideas! I had a ton of props, backdrops, and ideas for the session but Hudson was by far one of my most challenging newborns. He fell asleep after being fed, but he basically hated every position mama and I would put him in. But the funny thing was he would get into the position and then, just as I am ready to snap he would create his own NEW position! Despite the curveball he threw we still got wonderful shots...and it made it a little more fun! Mom and I would just laugh every time Hudson came up with a new pose.







Hope you enjoy your preview Mom and Dad...and thank you for trusting me to come in to your home and (try to) pose your little guy in all kinds of positions. It is such an honour to be part of those early days...and a big responsibility to capture a day when Hudson will never be that small again! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment