Sunday, May 8, 2011

FOUR

Four years ago today (yikes) my daughter Lara made her much anticipated appearance into the world. The day started off rather early and as dawn was approaching on a hot and humid spring morning my hubby and I left for the hospital. We listened to music, laughed and talked. We were so excited to meet this little person. I was one day past my due date but still wasn't convinced that this was "it"...but to appease my hubby we continued to the hospital. As we drove something happened that took us both by surprise...we saw a star shooting across the sky. It was right in front of us...and almost seemed meant for us (who else would be up so crazy early?). It was at that moment I knew I was ready to meet this kid....it was going to be a good day!

So, on Mother's Day today I celebrate my daughter's 4th birthday,  my sweet little boy and being a mom! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and moms-to-be!








4 comments:

  1. As if it's been 4 years already!! Congratulations and happy belated mother's day (to you) and birthday to little baby Lara...who is not so little anymore. I guess I need to find a new nickname for her!

    -Laara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana these pics are so great! The last 2 with the beads are my faves. That sweet face! I love your kid(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laara...seems like just yesterday Dave was freaking out about my name selection because it sounded too much like yours! :-) She really is very grown up now...she starts school this year!

    Brie...thanks! The love you too...and I love the bead ones too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, beautiful daughter!! These are definitely priceless, Dana.

    ReplyDelete