Saturday, April 17, 2010

My little secret...

For a little over a year now I have been enjoying photographing everything from weddings to business headshots. I have enjoyed doing it all....but I think I have a soft spot (and perhaps an eye) for photographing children. Maybe it's the fact that I have 2 wee ones of my own, maybe it's because my full-time career is teaching children ages 3-11....or maybe, just maybe it's because I have the cutest subjects!

Jackson and his mom recently came by to take advantage of the studio setting to capture his birthday pictures. When they got here Jackson wasn't exactly ready for pictures...the poor little muffin didn't nap on the way and the unfamiliar surroundings made him less enthusiastic to shoot these pictures. I let Jackson go at his own pace and gave him his space....but he still wasn't convinced...so that's when I asked mom for a snack. You see, snack time is a perfect opportunity for me to get some great shots. It's one of the tools in my "how to photograph a little one" bag. A snack usually gets big smiles and shifts the focus to something other than the camera. That's when I swoop in and capture the child being a child rather than a model. And the best part is as they munch on their food I usually get a picture of them looking mischievous and totally adorable. Take a look at Jackson's snack time pics....you'll see what I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment